IE will provide inspection and integrity management
support to UKCS operated oil & gas
assets ensuring compliance with corporate, regulatory, operational and
- Implementation and maintains asset integrity
monitoring plans in support of Inspection/integrity management
for all above water facilities on nominated asset(s).
- Provides discipline input to Corrosion Risk
for pipework and vessels and participates in peer review.
- Develops inspection work packs for pipework
and vessels in
accordance with RBI inspection plans and Corrosion Risk
- Manages and ensures the efficient and safe
delivery of all ‘on site’
above water inspection/ integrity activities.
- Provides discipline input to Corrosion Management
(Expert Group) meetings.
- Prepares regular statements on the progress
of inspection scopes
of nominated asset(s).
- Maintains anomaly database and ensures all
defects are subject
to appropriate engineering evaluation, failure analysis and fitness
for purpose assessment with identification of remedial and
recommended follow up action.
- Maintains currency of relevant inspection management
and other relevant engineering information in support of inspection
e.g. isometric drawings.
- Supervises and manages inspection activity
e.g. topside non
destructive inspection activity including preparation of work
schedules, resource levelling/sharing with other assets.
- Ensures Technical Compliance in accordance
Management Standards, Safety Management System and all
relevant Statutory Instruments, Codes, Regulations, Practice Notes,
Safety Notices and Flashes.
- Ensures HSE and IVB audit findings relating
to technical integrity
are appropriately followed up.
- Ensures inspection isometrics are maintained and remain accurate.
- Undertakes routine offshore visits, performs
safety and technical
site audits, etc.
- HNC/HND or equivalent technical qualification
in a relevant
engineering discipline or significant experience in a similar role.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
in a relevant
engineering discipline e.g. API 570 API 510.
- An appropriate engineering council registration or working towards.
- Current Offshore Medical and Survival Certificate.
- Previous experience in a similar engineering
position in the oil and
- Ability to read and interpret commonly used
and data sets used in support of above water inspection activities
e.g. piping isometrics, vessel general arrangements, piping and
instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, piping schedules.
- Awareness of the uses and limitations of commonly
destructive examination techniques applied in support of above
water inspection activities e.g. magnetic particle inspection,
ultrasonic wall thickness measurement, radiography techniques.
- Awareness of the uses and limitations of specialist
examination techniques applied in support of above water inspection
and monitoring programmes e.g. pulsed eddy current, thermography,
time of flight diffraction.
- Working knowledge of inspection management
e.g. ACET, COABIS.
- Working knowledge in CMMS (MAXIMO,SAP or similar).
- Awareness of the key degradation mechanisms
the deterioration of offshore production facilities e.g. internal
external corrosion, fatigue.
- Awareness of inputs, outputs and processes
followed in the delivery
of a corrosion risk assessment methodology.
- Awareness of piping and vessel design codes
and the application
of same to fitness for purpose assessment e.g. ASME VIII, PD5500,
- Awareness of paint coat specifications and associated applications.
- Ability to apply simple fitness for purpose assessments for piping defects.
- Ability to manage and supervise sub-contracted
personnel, manage budget and plans.
- Working knowledge of temporary repair techniques
offshore process and utility piping and vessel systems e.g. box clamps,
- Detailed knowledge of the uses and limitations
of commonly applied
non destructive examination techniques applied in support of above
water inspection activities e.g. magnetic particle inspection, ultrasonic
wall thickness measurement, radiography techniques.
- Awareness of key legislation and regulatory
framework applicable to
offshore regime with an understanding of major accident hazards,
performance standards, assurance and verification activities.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.