RT Technician (Level 2) - Crewkerne, Somerset
We are a market leader in Aerospace and Defence,
working with exciting technologies
and materials to design and build some of the world's most advanced
We are seeking an experienced and qualified RT Technician (Level 2)
to join our Materials
Lab and NDT department based at our site in Crewkerne, Somerset.
The RT Technician is responsible for radiographic
testing of composite assemblies,
testing of products to ensure they fully meet the customer acceptance
criteria and have
been produced in line with the relevant manufacturing instructions and/or
This role will also undertake other monitoring, testing and administration
support compliance and the effective running of business as defined
Ideally the successful candidate will have
practical experience of Computed
Radiography using Durr scanners.
- Development of Radiographic testing techniques
- Raise inspection and Non Conformance Reports
- Maintain test records and analysis results
to ensure traceabilty requirements
and to demonstrate proficiency.
- Ensure at all times that the test equipment
and test procedures are used within
the agreed safety procedures / guidelines.
- Complete cure trace validation and maintain accurate records.
- Plan and carry out basic tool calibration schedule and maintain tooling database.
- Monitor temperatures of freezer storage and maintain accurate records.
- Coordinate all external testing activity and complete the relevant administration.
- Support all Materials Laboratory functions,
promote and develop a culture of
continuous improvement within the team.
- Current certification to EN4179 Level 2 in
CR (Computer Radiography) or RT
(conversion training may be provided)
- Composite testing experience preferred
- Scientific background preferred
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong practical skills with a high level of manual dexterity
- Good concentration levels, attention to detail and methodical approach
- Well-organised; able to manage a range of activities and priorities
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions and accurately keep records
- Computer literate, Windows based
- A good team player with a flexible attitude
to work load/tasks and a continuous
- A safety-conscious approach to work
- Must be reliable, have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Aerospace is a fast-paced environment, therefore
additional training may be
provided to meet the Company's need for flexibility.
This is a permanent role working 38 hours per week as follows:
- 7am - 3:30pm Monday to Thursday
This role offers a competitive benefits package.
Please state your current salary
and/or salary expectation in your application.
To apply, visit our careers page at www.tods.co.uk
or email your CV to: