Applus UK Ltd is currently recruiting for a Base
Manager to manage our Aberdeen base
on a full time, permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to
join one of the world’s
leading innovative and reliable companies specialising in non-destructive
inspection and certification services, delivering to the capital-intensive
risk- energy and power industries.
The Base Manager will play a vital role in all
aspects of performance relating to the
delivery of the Company’s commercial and business objectives, reporting
the UK Operations Director of Applus UK Ltd
With enthusiasm, passion and creativity the base
manager will be an inspirational leader
who takes pride in driving a team forward to deliver exceptional operational
The ideal candidate will have had the responsibility of delivering results
in a similar
market and be focused on Client and business development. It is therefore
that the individual has a strong grasp of financial management and is
diplomatic to succeed in an environment where the numbers and other
provided by the immediate parent company.
The Base Manager will have a flexible approach
and stand out from the crowd. They will
positively challenge the status quo and will always look for new ways
to add value and
bring the vision to life.
Duties will include:
- Operational management of Inspection/Rope Access
the specified geographical area in conformity to the documented
inspection management system or as authorised by the Technical
- Marketing inspection services, making proposals
and tendering for
new business within agreed levels outlined in the management system.
- Management of relationships with clients to the benefit of the Company.
- Liaise between client and company personnel
to ensure work is carried
out according to an agreed schedule and within the terms of the contract.
- Maintenance of inspection capability and resources
in accordance with
the Company’s policies, standards and procedures and in compliance
with the requirements of ISO 17020 & IRATA guidelines.
- Co-ordination and execution of activities in
accordance with approved
procedures for the base and site operations ensuring that the quality
system is adhered to on a day to day basis.
- Accountable for the financial performance of
the location and control
to ensure it meets sales, budget and profitability targets.
- Ensure all Company and site Health, Safety and
regulations are complied with.
- A proven manager, able to manage people, resources
to optimise performance.
- A proven developer of business, with commercial
flair and ability to sell
in a highly technical, service orientated environment.
- Ideally a person conversant with the oil &gas
sector and some experience
of selling/servicing the market.
- Previous experience within Oil and Gas industry.
- Experience/Knowledge of Rope Access.
- Current or Lapsed NDT qualifications.
- Ideally experienced in NDT or similar industry
with an understanding of
the processes, people and practices in the industry.
- Passionate about safety and quality, able to
show, clients, staff and other
stakeholders of our commitment and ability in these areas.
In return the ideal candidate can expect:
- Excellent working environment.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Attractive benefits package.
- Annual bonus opportunity.
When you join Applus RTD, you are not just starting
a new job – you are embarking upon
a new and exciting adventure.
apply for this position please click here