Applus UK Ltd is currently recruiting for a Business
Development Manager (North UK) on a full
time, permanent basis. The role can be based in our Teesside base or
Falkirk office. This is an
exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading innovative,
consistent and reliable
leading-edge technologies and services in non-destructive testing (NDT),
certification to the capital-intensive -and high-risk- energy and power
The Business Development Manager role is about
driving sales, business development
and achieving defined business targets, whilst generating profitable
- Responsible for the sales of NDT, Inspection
and Rope Access services,
knowledgeable in Offshore and Onshore, Upstream and Downstream
Oil and Gas Sector in the North Sea. Also able to demonstrate knowledge
in the Power and Petro Chemical sectors able to demonstrate good personal
business connections in Oil and Gas.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills (including
presentations) and product
knowledge in all areas listed above that allows effective presentation
services and products to clients.
- Develops annual business plan for the following
financial year, focusing on
meeting or exceeding sales targets based on revenue and profit margin.
- Ability to sell to complex clients through formal tendering processes.
- Experience of participating in a global sales
function exchanging leads
and collaborating to close international opportunities for major global
- Develops a database of qualified leads through
referrals, telephone canvassing,
face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email,
- Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather and submit
detailed business information
for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and
prospecting activities including
sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities
assigned territory, including the use of relevant software to maintain
records to maximise territory potential.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven sales experience in a NDT/inspections
background with NDT
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skill.
- A tenacity and consistency to achieving targets,
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Client Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK (Europe
- Contribute to strategic development.
- Competitive salary with Bonus structure.
- Personal development and professional development
to achieve further
apply, please click here