Applus Velosi is currently recruiting a Business
Development/Operations Manager on a full time,
permanent basis. The role will be based out of their offices in Reading
Berkshire. There will be
travel throughout the UK and occasionally to Europe.
The Business Development / Operations Managers
role is about driving sales, business
development and day-to-day running of the Vendor Inspection Department
the based in Reading Berkshire.
Responsibilities include :
- Sales of Vendor Surveillance Services, knowledgeable
in Offshore and Onshore,
Upstream and Downstream Oil and Gas Sector in the North Sea.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in the Power and Petro Chemical sectors.
- Oversee the day-to-day running of the Vendor Inspection Department.
- Responsible for Staff, training, development,
performance, key performance
- Carry out yearly staff appraisals.
- Technical selling skills (including presentations)
and product knowledge in all
areas listed above that allows effective presentation of our services
- Develop an annual business plan in conjunction
with Senior Management Teams
which details activities to follow during the business financial year,
meeting or exceeding sales targets based on revenue and profit margin.
- Selling to complex clients through formal tendering processes.
- Managing/motivating a small, highly skilled
team of coordination personnel to
deliver sales targets.
- Participating in a global sales function exchanging
leads and collaborating to
close international opportunities for major global clients.
- Good awareness of contract law and best practice.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Recognised sales and marketing qualification
and / or proven track record in
- Proven track record in delivering sales across a diverse client base
- Exceptional relationship management and networking
abilities coupled with a
genuine passion for the sector
- Natural gravitas to engage with and influence
senior executives both internally
- Performance driven - energy, drive and determination
- Personal and professional demeanour and credibility,
which commands confidence
of external partners, key stakeholders, members, clients, senior managers
- Strong communication skills in all forms
- Competitive salary with an excellent bonus structure
- Personal development and professional development
to achieve further related
To apply, please send CV, stating salary and current
benefits to email@example.com