NDE Engineer (ENDT) x3
Normal Hours: 37 Hours - Days
Reports to: NDE Engineering Lead
The NDE Engineer shall be responsible for writing
process procedures such that
specification requirements will be met. They will possess a comprehensive
of NDE methods and current inspection techniques. Ultrasonic experience
is a must
but some radiographic and surface experience is advantageous. A firm
of the capability and limitations of NDE techniques is required. Experience
coverage diagrams and capability statements for high integrity components,
Their duties will include;
- Generating procedures that are compliant to the relevant specifications.
- Generation and periodic reviews of technical governance documentation.
- Supporting the documentation review processes for components in progress.
- Compiling coverage diagrams and writing capability statements.
They will be accountable for;
- Authoring technically correct and achievable procedures.
- Producing technical drawings of inspection reference blocks.
They will need;
- A good knowledge of all major NDE disciplines
as well as experience of their
use in a variety of applications.
- PCN qualifications in UT discipline (Level
2). Desirable to have had operational
responsibility for Level 3 UT requirements.
- Broad NDE experience of several techniques (DPI, MPI, RT, UT).
- Experience of working on a wide range of component
materials and types.
Desirable to have experience of austenitic material and weld evaluation.
- The ability to read and process technical documents and specifications.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of understanding.
- The ability to write clear, concise and accurate
procedures and technical reports
is essential. Highly desirable to have had experience writing capability
- A HND or Degree in mechanical engineering,
physics or another relevant
discipline, or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Very attractive hourly rate
- Approximately 2 year task duration
Please forward your CV to: