As an HSEQ Director for Applus UK, a leading innovative
global organisation operating
across a number of high risk sectors in the testing and inspection market;
you will be an
integral addition to the UK Senior Management Team (SLT) and wider UK
teams, with direct management of a team consisting of 7 personnel. This
role requires an
individual who is looking for a diverse HSEQ role ensuring the HSEQ
function of Applus
UK executes its operations safely with minimum environmental impact
and to the safety
and quality standards required by UK regulators, our clients and our
own high expectations.
In addition this role has responsibility for radiation safety and
for maintaining key
accreditations through UKAS.
The Roles and Responsibilities of the HSEQ Director will include but not be limited to:-
- Management of the HSEQ systems across all UK legal entities
- Maintenance of all relevant accreditations, certifications and approvals.
- Provide a professional HSEQ and Radiation Safety
to operational and other functional departments, ensuring
to all applicable legislation across our
- Management of external relationships with stakeholders
on HSEQ matters
(including UKAS, HSE, EA, SEPA, PRI and the CAA).
- Preparation of budgets for HSEQ and Radiation
Safety teams, managing
to ensure achievement of functional targets.
- Ensure that Radiation Safety is maintained
and controlled at all times
by proving adequate
resources (people, time, equipment and training).
- Formulate and report on Monthly HSEQ statistics
- Develop and mentor direct reports in each area,
ensuring that yearly appraisals
undertaken, whilst setting challenging personal and functional targets
- Host and manage external, and formulate and
oversee internal audit schedules
ensure compliance and governance, whilst maintaining key accreditations
all UK entities including but not limited to ISO 17020, EASA Part
NADCAP (special processes).
- Contribute to continuous quality improvements
initiatives and promote safe
efficient working practises to maximise service delivery levels.
- Ensure commitment and staff engagement to environmental
reduction targets and reporting upon performance to group
- Investigate accidents and oversee the implementation of improvements.
- Support and collaborate with Occupational Health
and HR as required to
ongoing health and wellbeing of our employees.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Level 6 qualification in health and Safety (NEBOSH Dip or higher).
- Lead Auditor (9001, 14001 or 18001).
- Environmental Qualification (IEMA, NEBOSH Env Dip, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
skills, ability to operate at all
internally and externally.
- Previous experience as an HSEQ Manager or above operating at a
- Understanding of working to and maintaining ISO accreditations
- Good knowledge with UK H&S & Environmental Legislation.
- Able to present written and verbal reports
that are clear and understood
by the target audience.
- Flexibility to Travel- Up to 50% of working time
- Degree Qualified in H+S, Environment or Quality.
- Experience in Radiation Safety (RPS).
- Demonstrable board Level experience.
- Proven success of improving a culture on site
and creating a pro-active
within the workforce.
- An aerospace or engineering background (including relevant qualifications).
- Chartered member status of IOSH, CQI or IEMA.
- Experience within a heavy industrial or service
background such as power
oil and gas, chemical manufacturing or engineering.
- Highly engaging and compelling communication
style with a proven ability
to win hearts
and minds at all levels within an organisation.
- Ambitious and results driven with a strong
desire to exceed expectations
- Takes ownership of complex issues and tasks and empowers others to
do the same.
- Progressive and forward-thinking approach to HSE.
- Supportive, approachable and professional,
leads from the front and by
example in a
visible and proactive manner.
- Ability to organise teams and personal workload
autonomously with several
Benefits of working for Applus UK
- Company Car / Car allowance
- Potential to earn yearly bonus
- Private Medical Insurance with option to add family.
- Full staff benefits package including cashback health scheme,
perks + discounts platform
- 25 days and 8 statutory days a year holiday
- Employers Pension contributions with Real-Time Pension Access
- Opportunity to work with a truly worldwide
employees in over 80
- Ongoing training & development opportunities throughout your career
- Annual Appraisals, KPI Setting and regular
To apply please send CV to email@example.com