Job Description – EMAT Development Engineer
Based at Cambridge
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Development
Engineer to join its
multi-skilled product development team to enhance its Teletest Non-Destructive
Testing (NDT) product. To be successful in this role you should have
track record in developing Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers (EMATs),
ideally for ultrasonic guided wave applications. You must be customer
your approach to product design and recognise the commercial applications
products. Creativity in development is encouraged with a view to maintaining
continuous improvement to our products and design processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
Involvement in every part of the Product Development Lifecycle process:
- Definition of the problem: Understand, analyse
requirements and in response, produce formal specifications.
- Understand EMAT design and carry out feasibility
test potential solutions for viable products.
- Understand the propagation of ultrasonic guided
how they are currently used to provide inspection solutions.
- Project management of the development process
procedures from concept through to launch of the final product,
ensuring documentation is completed along the process.
- Work as part of a team that may be located
globally to ensure
delivery of the Product Development project to agreed timescales.
- Process conscious: Uses standards and best
practices to create
innovative and effective products that add value to the organisation.
- Product knowledge: Understanding of current
guided wave products
on the market and recognise opportunities where products may fulfil
- Manage releases of products to the market via
design and project
- Project monitoring: The successful candidate
will have an input in
project scheduling and project monitoring ensuring that workstreams
Experience/ Knowledge Required
- A minimum of 5 years working knowledge of product
Non-Destructive Testing, EMATs and/or Guided Waves.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science or Engineering
- Strong skills in mathematics
- Knowledge of signal processing is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of the Python programming language
- We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated
a confident and professional style with good communication skills.
If you believe you have the right skills and experience
to excel at this position,
please visit our website www.tscndt.com
or submit your CV to: