It’s an exciting time here at Applus + UK; a new opportunity
itself for a Business Development Manager to join the team. This role
based anywhere in the UK as travel will be required.
We're looking for someone who has the enthusiasm and energy
to make things
happen – you'll bring plenty of initiative and a constant supply of
At the same time, you'll be a forward thinker who can devise different
approaches to achieve the best results; you won't be fazed by the high
of accountability and pressure that comes with a role like this. In
thrive on it. If that sounds like you, this is your chance to shine.
Applus+ is a worldwide leader in the testing, inspection
and certification sector.
We are a trusted partner, enhancing the quality and safety of our clients’
and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver
our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and motivated team
committed to operational excellence.
Some of the roles and responsibilities you will have
- Business development planning, liaising with
UK stakeholders for
cohesive approach to win strategy.
- Develop and lead sector and client business
and marketing plans
with 1, 3 & 5 year look ahead.
- Identify opportunities with new clients.
- Identify additional opportunities with existing clients.
- Analyse the customer base across Applus+ to
establish an approach
to retention and growth.
- Enhance departmental and operational manager’s
capabilities by supporting their pursuits in the area of their responsibility.
- Generate business intelligence reports and follow
leads in order to
realise tender opportunity.
- Undertake key research to understand the Business
drivers of sectors, customers and potential opportunities.
- Establish and nurture new and existing client relationships.
- Build on an already established network of contacts across Applus+.
- Be able to both take the lead on client relationships,
but equally be
able to introduce new clients to regional teams for service execution.
- Engage with sectors and customers to anticipate
opportunities and implement actions that will position Applus+ with
- Ensure effective management of customer satisfaction surveys.
- Prepare programmes of external communication,
and brand promotion that will contribute to Applus+ realising its
- Take lead on all networking and promotional events.
- Organise and represent Applus+ at key networking
events to raise
the company profile.
- Generate all company presentations and marketing
for each occasion to deliver business goals.
- Present company overview and capability presentations to potential clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Generate opportunities for business growth.
- Compile and submit RFI/ITT.
- Network within industry to establish opportunities.
- Collate, validate and verify compliant tenders prior to submission.
- Prompt and accurate reporting.
- Record contract interface and correspondences.
- Liaise with Northern Europe legal counsel where
- Manage all marketing material.
- Record and develop customer relationships
- IT skills - Microsoft Office with specific proficiency
in Word, PowerPoint
and Outlook applications.
- CRM utilisation and understanding.
- To be able to gain an understanding of Applus+ internal procedures.
- Understanding of different contract styles.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Proven sales experience in a NDT/inspections
background with NDT
What’s in it for me?
At Applus we look after our people just as much as we look after our clients.
On top of a competitive salary, Company Car, commission
and pension, you’ll
be able to make the most of a great benefits package, including 25 days
statutory days holiday.
Applus UK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send CV to:
quoting ref:- /VAC/58217/ NDT Cabin