Job Title: Senior NDT Engineer
Reports to: Technical Manager
Location: PPT Glasgow
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Additional Info: Both staff and contract
applicants will be considered
for this role.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Responsible for managing project specific NDT activities.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a
positive HSEQ culture
within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ
codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
Develop and provide effective interfaces with clients,
and NDT Subcontractors.
Support tender submissions and provide relevant inputs.
Provide leadership and manage the delivery of NDT inspection activities:
- Writing Technical Scope of Works for NDT Sub
WPQT activities, spoolbase production and offshore scopes in line
with project specific and client specifications.
- Sourcing and shipping of AUT and MUT calibration
from project specific pipe of the correct wall thickness and surface
- Review, amend and authorise NDT procedures for
and develop new NDT techniques as required.
- Reviewing project specific sub contractor NDT
and deal with client comments.
- Writing of AUT Validation procedures and ITP’s.
Collation of results and writing final AUTV Reports.
- Organising Purchase Orders for sub contracted
as Machining AUT cal block pipe, IUT and macro sectioning.
- Lead the review of the status of all NDT projects,
resolution of issues, provide technical assistance and take
corrective/improvement action as required.
- Maintain project schedules and effective progress reporting.
- Monitor performance of sub contractor NDT Inspectors
and take action as required.
- Ensure effective communication is maintained
and other departments and NDT subcontractors.
- Evaluate lessons learned and ensure a process
improvements is implemented.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Technical Function
- For level of authority see ‘Authority Limit Matrix’
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- PCN level 2:RT/MUT/MPI/DPI/ToFD/PA
(Level 3’s are an advantage but not essential).
- Working knowledge of AUT systems and AUT interpretation.
- Experience of managing project NDT deliverables
in key responsibilities and activities.
- Relevant experience of Oil and Gas industry
specific to pipelines
Skills and Behavioural Expectations:
- Shows commitment to and promotes PPT HSEQ policies.
- Assumes accountability for delivery of NDT objectives.
- Communicates effectively and articulately at
all levels, internally
- Excellent leadership skills, motivates teams
and delegates work
scope effectively ensuring objectives are maintained.
- Demonstrates good analytical skills when making decisions.
- Demonstrates effective forward planning and
overall project objectives.
- Demonstrates professional approach when representing PPT.
- Builds and enhances relationship with clients and subcontractors.
- Manages interface effectively.
- Develops and builds effective working partnership