ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical
services to a wide variety of end markets
and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront
of the testing services
industry, building an enviable reputation.
Specialist Tube Testing Technician
About the Position
ALS Industrial has an immediate opportunity for
an Eddy Current Tube Inspection Specialist.
The initial term is six (6) months, this may be extended.
The primary objective is to carry out specialist
tube inspection services covering a range of tube
materials, with an emphasis on inspection of carbon steel tubes as a
- To work across numerous client sites alongside
our existing team and to support
their activities with particular emphasis on the inspection of carbon
material using RFT, NFT and NFA methods.
- To provide leadership by example, whilst working
competently and effectively
to a professional standard at all times.
- To support project teams including:
- The preparation of a Scope of Work;
- Recommending methods of inspection;
- Carrying out work to the highest safety and
- Perform training in RFT, NFT and NFA to existing
tube inspection team,
including equipment set up, calibration, analysis and reporting.
- Monitor the quality of the work and reporting
- Ensure data analysis is reliable and accurate
for RFT, NFT and NFA methods.
- Provide technical leadership for methods as
- Keep abreast of new technologies and develop
enhancements to our existing
range of services where appropriate.
- Completion of inspection & testing in accordance
within the codes and
- Support and provide accurate and prompt reporting
identifying any necessary
remedial work required before the equipment is placed into service
or at the
next equipment inspection or service.
- Offer improvements through identification of
opportunities for better ways
of delivering our services.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of applicable
standards and codes and
- Comply with the codes, procedures and our operating
- Complete reports as part of each job and finalise
prior to commencing
the next job. No reports to be issued without undergoing a quality
to ensure they are technically correct.
- Respond to client timeframes and requirements
promptly and keep client
informed of job progress in a timely and courteous manner.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated and maintained
in a serviceable condition.
- Provide advice on purchase of new equipment
especially probes and
calibration sample tubes.
- Report equipment malfunctions or problems promptly
- Work within Health and Safety standards and
ensure others within the
section operate in a similar manner.
- Effectively resolve customer complaints in conjunction
with the NDT
Manager and Works Supervisor.
- Produce reports electronically with appropriate
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience in, the
use of Eddy Current
& IRIS with particular emphasis on RFT, NFT and NFA methods
as the priority.
- Evidence of having passed proficiency or competency
with large companies using these services.
- Sound knowledge of relevant materials, manufacturing
and service conditions.
- Extensive experience in the interpretation of
data from relevant
- Detail knowledge of, and ability to interpret
relevant codes and standards.
- An ability to prepare and review critical reports.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication
- Ability to focus on teamwork and a commitment
to the development
of a strong, effective and highly skilled team, especially by providing
office and field based training to existing technicians.
- Full capability to operate both Olympus and
- Experience in data analysis and reporting software
to suit both the above
sets of equipment.
- Current Certification to international standards,
minimum Level II
- Proficiency certification from companies similar
to ESSO, Chevron,
- A minimum of 5 years’ tube inspection field
- A minimum of intermediate level certificates
in Word, Excel, and drawing
packages, or a proven ability.
Looking for further details?
ALS offers competitive remuneration packages commensurate
with qualifications and experience,
and the opportunity for further career development within a leading
Please forward any enquiries to Justine Mayne at:
Closing Date: 12 May 2019