Inspection Engineer & Site Leader (Immingham)
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company
your contribution is vital to maintain the safe delivery of innovative
engineering solutions? Are you committed to exceeding client
expectations and want to be part of an energetic team?
Axiom is a specialist Engineering Consultancy in the fields
Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering in addition to a
UKAS Accredited Inspection body. We have grown successfully and
now operate a global operation from our offices in Stockton-on-Tees,
We are looking for an Inspection Engineer & Site Leader
help us achieve our goals. Investing heavily in our people, we recognise
that the development of our staff is a key contributory factor of our
success and can provide career progression to help you reach your
For this role we would welcome applications from other
within the industry such as plant engineers, mechanical engineers
who have experience of inspection through their current role.
You will have the following experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer
- Chartered engineer or working towards this.
- Knowledge or certification of API 510, 570,
EEMUA 159, fired equipment.
Consideration would be given to applicants who do not possess
all required qualifications for the role they wish to apply for but
show aptitude, initiative and a drive to develop themselves.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing inspection and engineering consultancy to the client
- Ensuring planned inspection work on site is completed on time
- Ensuring that the site has adequate resources
to fulfil the
- On site day to day management of the inspectors
technicians at the Immingham site
- Focal point for the client enquires or queries
- Creation and amending of Written Schemes of
- Taking an overview of the inspection work to
are suitable and meeting the client’s needs.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering,
status or working towards this
- Minimum of 5 years onsite inspection experience
relevant industry. Candidates who have experience working
in the inspection field within a Petrochemical site or a Plant
Engineering role are also encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of common non-destructive testing methods
- Knowledge of inspection standards and guides
API 570, 510, EEMUA 159
- Knowledge of RBI methodology
- Experience of specifying inspection intervals
with approved codes and current Written Schemes of
- Knowledge of fired / boiler equipment
- Experience of managing a small team or co-ordinating work.
Current Certification in any of the following would
- API 570 Piping Inspection
- API 510 Vessel Inspection
This role is based at a client’s site in Immingham.
You will need to be comfortable with working in the following
- A valid full UK Driving Licence
- To be computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft office
- Able to work in the UK without restriction.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Possesses strong attention to detail skills
- Ability to build and maintain successful working
with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as travel and overnight
Axiom is an ambitious and growing company. We invest heavily
people and technology and are looking for similarly-minded personnel
to join our team.
If you are the type of person we are looking for, we will
invest time and
energy into giving you new skills and abilities to enable you to inspect
a broader range of equipment and give you an interesting and
Salary: Negotiable – Staff position only
- 25 days holiday plus statutory days
- Training and recertifications.
Closing Date: 30th June 2019
Please submit your C.V. along with a covering letter as
to why you feel
you are suitable for the role to:
For further information, please contact David Fawkes
(Inspection Technical Authority) email:
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE