Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Technician
Reports to: Managing Inspection Engineer
Direct Reports: None
Working Arrangements: Offshore Ad hoc, Marine and
Brookes Bell provides comprehensive services in
the marine and energy world
and lead the market in professional expertise and experience across
maritime and scientific disciplines. We provide specialist advice on
a wide range
of inter-disciplinary areas including marine and nautical services,
adjusting, metallurgy, inspection and non-destructive testing and marine
Owing to the current expansion of our NDT department,
Brookes Bell are
seeking an experienced Level 2 NDT technician to join on a full-time
Overall Objective of Role:
- The candidate will become an integral part of
Brookes Bell’s growth
in the field of advanced non- destructive testing.
- Become highly skilled in a number of advanced NDT/NDE methods.
- Issue interim reports, detailing descriptions
of examination and anomalies,
stating suitability for service in accordance with regulations such
Class Rule, API and PED.
- Maintain a contemporaneous record of daily activities.
- Ensure that the Safety Policies and Procedures
are adhered to insofar
as is reasonably practicable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute welding inspection plant inspection,
ultrasonic testing, eddy
current inspection and surface inspection methods on items of static
equipment, structures and associated piping/tubing.
- Plan and carry out inspection of fixed equipment
and structural steel
in a variety of environments.
- Be able to deploy globally at short notice in-case
of an immediate
reactive solution requirement.
- Assist in equipment functionality checks, calibrations
- Inform the managing inspection engineer, without
delay, when any
inspected equipment or NDE results indicate an item is not fit for
- Perform any assigned tasks with due diligence
Bell’s integrated management systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience related to specific job description.
- Broad knowledge of condition monitoring and
- PCN Level 2 – Eddy Current in either of the
- PCN Level 2 – UT 3:1, 3:2 in addition 3:8, 3:9 would be beneficial
- PCN Level 2 – either VT, MT or PT (Welds/Castings/Forgings)
- IRIS experience or ECT/RFT would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience in Corrosion Mapping surveys (RMS
UT or PAUT)
would be beneficial but not essential
- Good understanding of HSSE management systems
- Well versed in internationally accepted codes, standards and practices.
- Good understanding of degradation mechanisms
equipment and infrastructure in Marine, Offshore Oil & Gas and
Please send applications to: