Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing,
Inspection and Certification sector delivering
non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services
to the aerospace,
power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner
who enhances the quality
and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding
We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach,
motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and
a leading position in its target
markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000
across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
- The main function of the AUT Operator (Technician
Advanced 1) is to be
responsible for the completion of inspections, including initial interpretation,
reporting, and billing. This position require thoroughly familiar
with the scope
and methods of NDT and ANDT being used and should perform assigned
responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance to the Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to be certified in accordance with
Applus+ written practice in the following
methods: UT Shearwave, AUT
- Ability to set up and standardize equipment,
conducts tests, interpret and evaluate
findings in compliance with required specifications, standards and
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations
of the techniques and method
in which are to be employed.
- Be capable of developing written work instructions
from approved general
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language including the
meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing
This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards
and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have analytical capabilities for customer
needs assessment and solutions
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
- Knowledge of Industry Codes.
- Knowledge of NDT equipment and ability to effectively
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks
and respond to short notice work
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of
Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion,
and sound judgment.
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey
information to customers
and colleagues effectively.
- Willing to work with others, collaborating
and compromising where necessary;
promptly share relevant information with others.
- Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds
quickly from frustrations and
unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while
with stressful situations.
Education and Work Experience
- AUT and SCR experience preferred.
- Major oil company experience preferred.
- Spoolbase exposure preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical Background in NDT methods and techniques preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of NDT experience with
full documentation of prior training,
experience and certification is required.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work
in the United States. Verification
of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa
is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- ASNT Level II certification in: UT Shearwave
- PCN certification preferred
- Must meet minimum company requirements to operate
a company vehicle
and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
- The physical environment requires the employee
to work both inside and outside
in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes
inclement weather. Frequently required to use personal protective
to prevent exposure to hazardous materials and working environment
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
- The noise level in the work environment is
frequently loud when working on
- Overtime required during the week and weekend with work volume
- Ability to travel when required, nationally, up to 75% of the time.
apply please click here.