Would you like to play a key role within our Aerospace
division? We currently have a vacancy
for an Operations Manager at our site in Oldbury. Applus UK are one
of the world’s leading
innovative and reliable companies specialising in non-destructive testing
and certification services.
As an Operations Manager, you will be managing
our Testhouse in Oldbury liaising between
client and staff to ensure work is carried our according to the agreed
schedule within the terms
of the contract.
Reporting directly to the Southern Operations Director
of Applus you will be responsible for
ensuring safe and effective operations, the development and management
of new and existing
work in your geographical location and ensure projects are adequately
With enthusiasm, passion and creativity the operations
manager will be an inspirational leader
who takes pride in driving a team forward to deliver exceptional operational
Using your previous experience in operations management and working
in a fast paced
environment you'll get a thrill from everyday being different and unpredictable.
The responsibilities of the Operations Manager will include but are not be limited to the following:
- Organise priorities and day to day activities of the test house
- P&L responsibility for a busy Aerospace and general inspection test house
- Responsibility for test lab footprint planning
and ensuring future capacity in line
with programme plans
- Ensure quality certifications for NADCAP, and
other prime client certifications
- Generate quotations from client supplied information.
- Provide regular financial reports, and show a good understanding of them
- Responsible for the management of radioactive activities.
- Responsible for test house NDT operations
- Maintain client relationships, and also generate new business
- Responsibility for risk reviews, test house H&S, audits, and COSHH.
To join us, we're looking for:
- A proven manager, able to manage people, resources
and equipment to optimise
- A developer of business, with commercial flair
and ability to sell in a highly
technical, service orientated environment.
- Able to make high level plans and assessments of project status or risks
- Broad technical capability, ability to effectively
interface with a wide range
of external / internal business disciplines.
- Structured and organised; good planning, reporting and communication skills.
- A concise communicator, able to communicate complex issues with clarity
- Experience with Managing NDT and Inspection personnel or similar field
- Passionate about safety and quality, able to
convince clients, staff and other
stakeholders of our commitment and ability in these areas.
We also look after our people just as much as we
look after our clients, and you’ll discover
a dedicated team to help keep you up to speed, together with a huge
range of personal
development training and on top of a competitive salary, and pension,
you’ll be able to make
the most of a great benefits package, and Annual bonus opportunity.
Applus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating
an inclusive environment for all employees. Please be aware that many
roles working in the
Aviation division will be subject to undergo a basic disclosure check.
A full Job Description is available on request.
When you join Applus, you are not just starting
a new job – you are embarking upon a new
and exciting adventure!
To Apply please send CV to: