Pressure Systems/NDT Engineer - Part-Time, Job-Share
Location: Scotland - Home-Based with travel
Closing Date: Friday 7th January 2022
Zurich Engineering have a new vacancy for a Pressure Systems/NDT
the Consultancy Services Department. The role will require undertaking
NDT on of a wide
range of pressure equipment and other engineering plant.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time.
This is because we want the best
people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren't
What will I be doing:
The role will include:
- NDT examinations on pressure related equipment
including boilers, pressure vessels,
heat exchangers and pipework. In-service examinations conducted in
with Notified Body procedures and external guidelines. New manufactured
accordance with the relevant codes, standards and customer requirements
- Remote Visual Examination of pressure related
equipment in support
of our Inspection Services department
- A thorough training plan will cover:
- Laboratory examinations including the witnessing of Welding
Welder Approvals in accordance with external standards.
- Pressure Systems related examinations on such items as
items, new build items, pressure related systems and assemblies in
accordance with the relevant internal procedures and external standards.
- You will be responsible for arranging examinations
directly with internal
staff and external clients, discussing examination results with clients,
developing client relationships and developing the business where
The role is primarily home based but travel to other parts
of the UK will also be required
where workload dictates
What will I need?
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- PCN L2 UT Welds 3.1, 3.2, 3.8
Additional qualifications that may be advantageous:
- PCN/CSWIP Welding Inspector
- PCN L2 UT Welds 3.7 and 3.9
- ONC/HNC in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Proven experience in the NDT of pressure equipment
items, consideration to be given to both in-service and new manufacture
- Knowledge of codes and standards relating to
the inspection and NDT
of both newly manufactured items and in-service pressure equipment.
- Experience in detailed NDT document review
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- The ability to produce clear and concise computer-generated
and NDT reports
- A full UK driving license will be a requirement
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Shell Boiler NDT in accordance with SBG1 and SBG2
- RVI equipment including videoprobe and PTZ recording systems
- Experience working in accordance with an ISO 17020 accredited system
- Experience in the inspection of pressure equipment
and at manufacture stage, including fixed plant, refrigeration systems,
hazardous road tankers
- Experience working in the welding and fabrication industry
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Demonstrates impartiality and integrity.
- Manages and ensures projects are delivered in
a timely and profitable
- Ensures projects are delivered to Zurich service standards.
- Supports business development and identifies opportunities.
- Understand technical requirements and market them accordingly.
- Embraces a continuous improvement culture.
In return we are offering a salary up to £48,000 depending
on experience, plus we offer
an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:-
- 12% Non-Contributory Pension
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Contribution to medical cover
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working
on hiring. Many of our employees
work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible
hours, job share, an
element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us
at interview about
the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than
170 countries we aspire
to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers
employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging
a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and
contributions - then
Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business
is built on the
contributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every
day to position us
at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire
great people and we
encourage those people to give their best.
You'll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable
company. A long-standing player
in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career
and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we are proud of our culture. We are passionate
about Diversity and Inclusion.
We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of
customers and we
want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an
environment where everyone feels
welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind, we accept applications from everyone
regardless of your background,
beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women,
ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+
as these groups are
currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer
access to a comprehensive
range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate
employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable
activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
We have won numerous awards for our work on Diversity and
Inclusion. We are also proud
to be nominated for the 2020 Insurance Times award for Diversity and
Inclusion. You can
read about our awards on our website.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired.
Be supported, Love what you do.
Work for us.
apply please click here.