NDT Technician (Radiography)
A well-known, long-standing and respected employer
in the Stockport area, WFEL is well
renowned in Defence Manufacturing and world leader in rapidly deployable
A pioneer of engineering excellence and innovation across the Defence
sector, for both
Land and Air based solutions.
As a trusted partner to our Military customers
around the globe, our employees are the
heart of our company.
Main purpose of job: The NDE Technician
will complete RT, VT & PT tests and inspection
of products at various stages of production process, with an emphasis
- Ensuring the product quality of materials that
are fabricated on the shop floor
in a timely manner.
- Reviews part prints, procedures and work instructions to complete testing.
- Performing Quality Inspections, including RT,
VT & PT methods, verifying
that parts or materials meet specifications indicated.
- Sets up and performs non-destructive tests on
materials, parts, or products
to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Coordinating with Quality Manager on all applicable issues.
- Documenting report, and corrective/preventative actions.
- Ensures that equipment operates correctly.
- Ensures compliance to the process for the Control
of Records and Document
- Participation in problem solving activities,
to mitigate the presence of defects
- Interpret radiographs and the retention of records as appropriate.
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment.
Qualifications & Education
- The ability to read and accurately interpret drawings/specifications.
- The ability to use Quality Instruments, i.e.
Weld gauges, micrometers,
steel ruler, etc.
- Qualified in accordance with ISO9712 for RT/VT/PT minimum (PCN level 2)
- Exposure of working within a Manufacturing/Engineering
(ideally on sub assembly components for either - Aerospace, MOD,
Motorsport, Oil & Gas or Nuclear)
- Driving Continuous Improvement/Lean manufacturing
- Aptitude, attributes, skills and abilities
- Report and procedure writing with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritising activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical & problem solving skills
- Can develop and execute objectives for themselves
and others in line
with short- and long-term business goals
- Knowledge of manufacturing software
apply for this position, please click here