General Manager VSS - Aberdeen
Applus+ is a leading global energy service provider looking
to recruit a General Manager
for our Vendor Surveillance Services (VSS) business based in our Aberdeen
This role will report to the Managing Director and has a global role
in terms of working
with the positions peers across the vendor surveillance services assets
across the world.
The Roles and Responsibilities of the General
Manager will include but not
be limited to:-
- Ensure the safety of all employees, customers,
contractors and other
stakeholders at all the company's and the clients facilities where
- Make the key contribution to strategic planning
and budgeting process
for Vendor Inspection
- Align the company with the rest of the Applus+
business in the UK
and ensure optimum balance of efficiencies and independence of
action is achieved.
- Work in harmony with other vendor inspection
businesses in Applus+
to create a stronger global presence and ensure Applus UK benefits
form intercompany opportunities
- Maintain, develop, and improve client relationships
to ensure growth
in revenue in line with the strategic plan / budget.
- Manage the resources (people, equipment, facilities)
the operating profit and operating cash flow, both short and long
- Manage the team: develop, train, motivate, inspire,
and if necessary,
discipline where appropriate. Build / maintain a stable, capable,
and coherent structure.
- Build / maintain good relationships with the
rest of Applus+ in the UK
and work with the team in Falkirk to ensure satisfactory arrangements
for provision of back-office services (e.g. Finance, HR, Technical,
from that source.
- Work in conformity with the policies, procedures,
and systems of the
company / Group and to lead the team do the same.
- Liaise with colleagues in other facilities in
the UK and beyond to ensure
the overall company performance is optimised, lessons learned are
shared across all sites and the whole company performance is treated
as the priority.
- A good understanding of ISO 17020 UKAS accreditation process
- Knowledge of the Inspection Body's management
system and ability
to implement administrative as well as technical procedures applicable
to the activities performed.
Be active in promoting and maintaining the Company's
high standards for
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality by:
- Highlighting new working practices which may benefit the Company
- Developing good relationships with clients and suppliers
- Maintaining a clean and safe office and site environment
- Participating in Company and client HSEQ initiatives
What we would like from the General Manager:
- Knowledge of relevant codes of practice in the Oil & Gas industry
- Proven experience in managing an inspection related business.
- Takes ownership of tasks with a progressive and forward-thinking approach
- Supportive, approachable and professional, leads by example.
- A clear appreciation of deadlines and responsibilities.
- Efficient and able to pick up and apply instruction quickly.
- Capable of functioning and prioritising in a
demanding and fast pace
What we would like to give you:
- Life insurance and pension
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Flexible benefits and cashback rewards
- Ongoing training & development opportunities throughout your career
Applus UK is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply please send your CV to: