Job Title: Trainer/Examiner
Department: South West School of Engineering
Reporting to: Head of SWSNDT
Cardiff Based South West School of NDT are seeking to recruit NDT Trainers/Examiners to
join its busy team.
Once trained, you will deliver training courses in accordance with international syllabi for the
NDT methods you
are qualified in, while providing a supportive learning environment for our
position is a people
facing role which allows you to share your skills and
experience with the next generation of
As an Examiner, once you hold L3 qualifications, you will conduct examinations in accordance
SNT-TC-1A and PCN (ISO9712) requirements.
A key requirement for any applicant, is the ability to understand and communicate theoretical
principals to people
of ranging technical and educational backgrounds
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email
- Hands on problem-solving skills, with ability to generate ideas
- The ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- The ability to work independently but also integrate and operate as
part of a team
- Ensuring that the requirements of the trainee are met in full.
- Assisting in the review and updating of training specimens and printed
- Preparation of equipment, training resources and specimens for both
in-house and on-site
- Arranging the issue and collection of Film Badges/TLD's for practical
- Provision of assistance, counselling and debriefing of trainees as required.
- Collation of training data and posting of data on to the database system
on completion of training.
- Maintaining their training records and ensuring these are kept up to date.
- Provide support for the programme of competency assessments.
Qualifications and experience required
- NDT Level 2 certification in one or more methods (PCN, EN 4179/NAS 410, SNT)
- At a minimum, five years industrial experience as an NDT Technician
- MS Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Level 2 qualifications in UT, ET, RT or DRT would be advantageous to your
would any L3 certifications. Previous experience in a training
environment would also be desirable,
but not essential, as training will be given.
Trainers/Examiners will require a DBS check
This role involves travel, both within the UK and overseas
To apply, please email: